Monday, April 18, 2011

Sacramento Trip Continues On (posted May 27, 2010)

So far, it’s been an up and down road trip for the Nashville Sounds after splitting four in Fresno, but losing two of their first three games here in Sacramento.

On both losses, both Chris Waters and Chase Wright had one bad inning that hurt them (both had given up two homers in one inning) and it cost the Sounds the ballgame. Tonight, it will be the final game of the Sounds’ California Road Trip before an early wakeup call tomorrow and for the flight back to Nashville.

The great thing about being on the road is the cities that you can see. I’ve had my share of enjoyment here in Sacramento, getting around downtown and visiting a museum or so. I am hoping to visit Old Sacramento today before I head out to the ballpark. A lot of history seems to be involved in this part of town.

It’s nice that I can continue to walk to and from the ballpark via the Tower Bridge that gets me from West Sacramento (where Raley Field is) to our hotel, which is downtown. There is so much to see and do.

Anyway, tonight’s game between the Sounds and the Sacramento River Cats will be on radio (104.5 The Zone) as well as on nashvillesounds.com. I look forward to heading back home as the Sounds start an eight-game homestand against the Iowa Cubs at Greer Stadium tomorrow night at 7:05PM. There will be Fireworks after the game, courtesy of Firestone.

I encourage you to tune in as always, since the Sounds are involved in a heated race for the American North with Iowa and Memphis catching fire. It sure has gotten interesting.

I look for a split in this four-game set before heading back to the Music City tomorrow. Hope to see you out at the ballpark to cheer the Sounds on!

No comments: