Monday, April 18, 2011

Final Full Day of Spring Training (March 26, 2010)

Well, today is my final full day of Spring Training with the Milwaukee Brewers. It was a fun-filled, exciting and interesting week. It was so nice to meet many of the Brewers’ executives, the Brewers’ major and minor league players, Nashville Manager, Don Money and the list goes on and on.

I still continued my round with interviews in the Brewers’ clubhouse. Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder were two of the players I interviewed. Rickie is a class individual and he was a joy to speak to. Fielder was also nice, albeit he didn’t say too much.

It was also nice to see some familiar faces on the Padres, who were with me when I broadcast for the Class AA San Antonio Missions. A number of guys are expected to play for Portland this year, so they are looking forward to seeing me when the Beavers come to town in May.

The biggest thrill of them all was getting the opportunity to be part of the Brewers’ webcast for today’s game against the San Diego Padres on www.brewers.com. I did a half inning of color and a half inning of play-by-play with a former colleague of mine from the Missions. He is the current television voice of the Milwaukee Brewers and is a very talented individual. His name is Brian Anderson. You might have seen Brian as he also broadcast for TBS during a couple of National League playoff series over the last couple of years. It was great to see BA again and a pleasure to work with him again.It was great to do a major league broadcast, even though it was an exhibition game and it was just on the Brewers’ website.

Of course, the Brewers still have a few tough decisions to make, but it won’t be long before we know the final roster for the Sounds when the 2010 Pacific Coast League season gets underway.

I encourage all of you to tune in to www.nashvillesounds.com as I open the PCL season on Thursday, April 8th in Des Moines, Iowa vs. the Iowa Cubs. Our first broadcast on 104.5 The Zone is on April 14th at Omaha vs. the Royals. I’m excited about the season to get underway real soon.

Hope you all had a nice week. I sure did. Hope the rain didn’t discourage anyone this week. I look forward to seeing all of you come out to Greer Stadium to support the Sounds during the baseball campaign. Thank you again and let’s PLAY BALL!

No comments: